Thanks, Tony.

We picked TCP because every router on the planet already has a TCP stack in it.
That made it the obvious choice.

Our draft described a TVL in the IIHs to indicate a router's
ability to use TCP for flooding.
That TLV has several sub-TVLs.
1) the TCP port-number
2) an IPv4 address
3) and/or an IPv6 address

We can change the first sub-TVL so that it indicates:
1) 1 or 2 bytes indicating what protocol to use
2) the remainder of the sub-TLV is an indicator what port-number
   or other identifier to use to connect over that protocol.

This way we can start improving IS-IS with TCP today.
And add/replace it with other protocols in the future.

henk.