Hi Henk,

> - We could make BFD mandatory when flooding over TCP ?

I don't think this would be a good idea.

See especially for p2p fiber links loss of light is a much faster and
better trigger/indicator that your link or adjacent router is down.

Using BFD there which in most cases operates in a distributed mode on the
line cards and tells you nothing about LC to RP path, or RP liveness IMO
does not make much sense in such designs.

Of course when your "link" is still p2p but is an emulated one over someone
else IP network this is different story, but I don't think this is most
common deployment model in data center's fabric.

Thx,
R.