> 2)Your statements regarding existing flooding limitations of IS-IS are
> rather dated. Many years ago implementations varied from the base
> specification by allowing much faster flooding and contiguous flooding
> bursts on an interface in support of fast convergence. There are existing
> and successful deployments of an instance with thousands of neighbors and
> thousands of nodes in a network and sub-second convergence is supported. So
> the statement that the existing protocol per interface flooding is a
> blocking factor in highly meshed topologies is not (IMO) accurate. The more
> accurate characterization of the flooding problem in dense topologies is
> the amount of redundant flooding (i.e., a node may receive many copies of a
> new LSP) - which your proposal does nothing to address (I understand it was
> not intended to address this problem which you discuss in a different
> draft).

unsurprisingly +1 here ...

Further, if you start to go that path (i.e. max. flooding transport speed
which contrary to Les I think does have value but not necessarily for ISIS)
and you _really_ care about max. flooding speed you end up most likely in
_go over UDP_ route as people like bitttorent or QUIC guys went. There is a
good reason behind that ;-) Moreover, if you form adjacencies that way
you'll find that MT/MI problems are fairly trivial to resolve. Problem
being though taht the 'well-known port', 'well-known-protocol',
'well-known-ethertype' allowing for policing of the protocol vanishes and
you have to be smarter ...

two old hands' gave you two cents ;-)

--- tony