I support the area-proxy draft.

I think both the area-proxy draft and the flood-reflection drafts are
a bit hacky. However, the result of the area-proxy draft has a certain
elegance: only one L2 LSP per area in the backbone.

The flood-reflection draft is just messy, imho.
1) The edge-routers of each area are still visible in L2.
Making the L2 scaling benefits a factor less, compared to area-proxy.
2) You need a new tunneling technology to flood LSPs between
edge-routers and the flood-reflector. Even when you simply use TCP,
this adds new and unnecessary complexity.
3) You either need to tunnel user-traffic between edge-routers.
Or you redistribute all L2 prefixes into L1. Negating the benefit of
having L1-only routers in your transit area. I don't like either option.

BTW, personally I think the proper solution to scale IS-IS to larger
networks is 8 levels of hierarchy. Too bad that idea gets so little
push from vendors and operators.

henk.