yepp, it's one philosophy and design point which I'm  quite well aware off
;-) and it's feasible of course that instead of a signalling protocol or
even SR the controller provisions all paths via e.g. PCE of course if one
can live with the delay and implications of large scale failures. If we
rely on controller fixing LPM as well under failures then really, who needs
IGPs anymore anyway except for bunch of loopbacks and SPF for the
controller to do all the FIB work and hence discussions like high
hierarchies or anisotropic routing are largely superfluous me thinks ;-)

-- tony