From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Huaimo Chen
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:33 PM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Acee Lindem
(acee) <acee=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Poll for "IS-IS Topology-Transparent Zone" -
draft-chen-isis-ttz-11.txt

Hi Les,

> I see no need for "abstraction at arbitrary boundaries". Areas work just fine.
> IS-IS already has smooth transition capability for merging/splitting areas..

[HC]: The smooth transition capability for merging/splitting areas in IS-IS
will not reduce the service interruption while an existing area or zone is
being abstracted as a single node because the adjacency ups and downs.

> Given both of the points above, I see no value in "smooth transition to/from
> zone abstraction".

[HC]:  The "smooth transition to/from zone abstraction" will reduce the service
interruption while an existing area or zone is being abstracted as a single
node and vice versa.

Best Regards,
Huaimo
I see no need for "abstraction at arbitrary boundaries". Areas work just fine.

IS-IS already has smooth transition capability for merging/splitting areas.

Given both of the points above, I see no value in "smooth transition to/from
zone abstraction".

If these are the principal distinguishing characteristics of TTZ as compared to
area proxy (and I would agree they are), then I see no reason why this solution
should be pursued as well.

I am therefore opposed to WG adoption of TTZ.

   Les