Alvaro –

Your comment was to put quotes:

<snip>
I would recommend using quotes in the appendix:

   1.  The Router ID SHOULD be identical to the value advertised in the
   Traffic Engineering Router ID TLV (134) if available.

   1.  The "Router ID SHOULD be identical" to the value advertised in the
   Traffic Engineering Router ID TLV (134) if available (Section 3.1).

<end snip>

My response was:

<snip>
[Les:] So I am willing to make the change. But I have to say that for me as a
reader the use of quotes as you suggest does not aid clarity.
I have no idea why the entire sentence should not be quoted as without the
unquoted portion of the sentence the meaning of the quoted part is incomplete.
<end snip>

Now you point out that the body of the text says “[RFC5305]” whereas the
appendix says “TLV 134”.
Fine – I can make them consistent.
Now, can you respond to my comment regarding the lack of clarity in using
quotes?

Thanx.

   Les

§3.1 reads: "The Router ID SHOULD be identical to the value advertised in the
Traffic Engineering Router ID TLV [RFC5305].”

I’m sure you’ll do the right thing.

Thanks!

Alvaro.