Chris/Acee -

Thanx for putting this proposal together.

As I have previously stated, I prefer no registries at all for this case. But
if we are to have registries, I much prefer Tony Li's proposal:

<snip>
When a potentially shared field is created, the defining document specifies the
name of a future registry, but does NOT request IANA create the registry at
this time. When any document wishes
to update the field, it requests that IANA create it and populate it with both
legacy and updated values.
<end snip>

The problem I have with your proposal is that it requires a degree of
clairvoyance on the part of the original draft authors.
Tony's proposal avoids that.

One other question - where/how will the final version of this guidance be
documented?
Historically, an RFC gets written for such things - but I would hope there is a
lighter weight solution. Is it possible to have a "WG Policy" which is
documented somewhere on the WG website?

   Les