Tony -

Because this is shared between OSPF and IS-IS the related registry is in a
different location.

https://www.iana.org/assignments/igp-parameters/igp-parameters.xhtml#link-attribute-application-identifiers

as defined in

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8919.html#section-7.4

For me, this falls into the same category as
https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml#prefix-attribute-flags
 .
It is a general purpose flags field that was expected to be updated by a
variety of otherwise unrelated documents and so we defined a registry for it.
This category of flags field was never under discussion - I thought you and I
had agreed on this explicitly early on.

   Les