Hi Lars,

Thanks for your review and feedback/comments. Please check inline below for

The updates for your comments as discussed below will be included in the
next version.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:47 PM Lars Eggert via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles-06: Discuss

> introductory paragraph, however.)
>

> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles/

> DISCUSS:
>
> # GEN AD review of draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles-06
>
> CC @larseggert
>
> Thanks to Paul Kyzivat for the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) review
> (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/IqLhVi63YKAt6GINPOKUQ0sGt3g
> ).
>
> I'm raising Paul's review comment as a DISCUSS:
> ```
> 2) MINOR: Section 2: Normative requirements on future documents
>
> While I don't fully understand all the document dependencies, the following
> normative requirement:
>
>   ... Specifications that introduce new sub-TLVs of the Extended Link
>   TLV MUST indicate their applicability for the L2 Bundle Member
>   Attributes Sub-TLV.  An implementation MUST ignore any sub-TLVs
>   received that are not applicable in the context of the L2 Bundle
>   Member Attribute Sub-TLV.
>
> looks to me like it may be imposing requirements on future work that may
> not
> itself be aware of or normatively linked to this document. The registry in
> question is defined only by RFC7684. Figure 2 further supports this point
> by
> effectively revising the format for the registry, adding an additional
> column.
>
> I suggest it would be appropriate to formally update the registry to
> reference
> this document to impose requirements on future registrations, and add a
> column
> indicating applicability in the context of the L2 Bundle Member Attribute
> Sub-TLV.
>
> The same logic applies to Figure 3 and the IANA OSPFv3 Extended-LSA
> Sub-TLVs
> registry. I suggest the same sort of fix for it. ```
>

KT> Paul and I discussed the ways to address this point given that the WG
didn't want to include a larger scale registry reorganization as part of
this document. Please check this thread below, in case it was missed:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/lsr/yA87ypJB_82k0w13R9fp4_lFQok/

I have polled the WG and am still waiting for feedback. In brief, the
proposal was to introduce the following text in the IANA considerations:

<NEW>
   This document updates the guidance to IANA for further allocations
   from the "OSPFv2 Extended Link TLV Sub-TLVs" [1] and the
   "OSPFv3 Extended LSA Sub-TLVs" [2] registries and requests the addition
   of this document as a reference to those registries. It requires
   that any document requesting allocation of code point from these
   two registries need to indicate the applicability of the introduced
   sub-TLV to the L2 Bundle Member TLV in that document.

[1]
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ospfv2-parameters/ospfv2-parameters.xhtml#extended-link-tlv-sub-tlvs
[2]
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ospfv3-parameters/ospfv3-parameters.xhtml#extended-lsa-sub-tlvs
</NEW>

 Please let me know if this text would address your concern.

> COMMENT:
>
> ## Nits
>
> All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may
> choose to
> address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
> automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so
> there
> will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what
> you
> did with these suggestions.
>
> ### Typos
>
> #### Section 2, paragraph 3
> ```
> -    assymetric for an OSPF link depending on the underlying layer 2
> -      -
> +    asymmetric for an OSPF link depending on the underlying layer 2
> +       +
> ```
>

KT> Ack

> ### Grammar/style
>
> #### Section 2, paragraph 2
> ```
> member link is operationally up. Therefore advertisements of member links
> MU
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^
> ```
> A comma may be missing after the conjunctive/linking adverb "Therefore".
>

KT> Ack

> #### Section 2, paragraph 19
> ```
> which the OSPF protocol operates. Therefore the security considerations of
> th
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^
> ```
> A comma may be missing after the conjunctive/linking adverb "Therefore".
>

KT> Ack

Thanks,
Ketan