Grgicevic,

It is possible to do this with KDE, but it takes time and it is
annoying to have to write scripts to handle all this stuff.  The
easiest thing to do is to use something other than KDE.  I would
recommend IceWM or XFCE or another small window manager.  IceWM
can be completely controlled from one configuration file for all
users.  New users automatically inherit these settings and there
are no desktop "icons" for hardware that would actually be on the
server.  And there is no messing up the desktop because the user
has no controls over the desktop itself.  I don't know about the
German keyboard, but it should be doable.

Finally, it's better for your server, too!  KDE uses over 20MB
per session!!  IceWM is a cool 1.4MB...

Jason

> From: "Grgicevic Davor (VTG)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:10:35 +0100
>
> Hi ..  I am tring to costumize my LTSP server
> The rason for this is ..  To get ..  For all kids  at start
> The same desktop and.. To put/remove neccesery programs from desktop
.
> For instance  cdrom or floppy ..  Or other things..( default german
> keyboard,
> Desktop definitition . Ect. )
> And  to make  default desktop .. For shool kids..
> It should be automatic installed with deffinition of user
> And when kids mess there desktop ,  just  rm -rf /home/$user/.kde
> And  his original desktop is back :)
>
> Does somebody  has expirience  with this or  some
ifos/docu/HOWTO/tips  ??