HI Giorgio,

http://www.astart.com/lprng/LPRng.html

> the telnet give :
>
> telnet ws002 9100
> trying 7.74.32.205
> Connected to ws002
> Escape character is '^]'
>
> and wait  (OK)

That is good! This means the workstation with the printer is listening on port
9100. So the LTSP part is working - which is the client side of it. Now you just
need to get the server to forward to the workstation ...

> cups look this printer like
> a socket printer, but is impossible to print test page,
> and in the /var/spool/cups I have all the test page but is not
> sended at the printer

sorry, I can't help you with cups. Never used it ... Maybe someone else knows
how to get cups to forward to the client?

> > For me - using LPRng instead of CUPS - I installed the printer on the
> > server first and made sure it worked, then I configured the WS and finally
> >
> > changed the lp entry in the /etc/printcap in the following way:
> >       :lp=[workstation name]%[port]:\
> >
> > for me
> >
> >       :lp=kwacha%9100:\
> >
> > and then it worked ...

If you install LPRng and do the above you should be fine ...

Stefan.

--
 /\_____/ "hegi" alias Stefan U. Hegner; Loehne/ Westf.; Germany \_____/\
| http://www.hegner-web.de \_/ alt. URL: http://www.cam.net.uk/home/hegi |