Ragnar Wisløff wrote:

>onsdag 21. november 2001, 19:49 skrev Asbjørn Morell:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Well inetd is not running....
>>If I type netstat -a|grep tftp then I get this result:
>>udp        0      0 *:tftp                  *:*
>>hmmmm, is this not strange? I mean should it not be listening? I have
>>done a port-scan of my server and nothing is listen on port 69 (I think
>>tftp is running on port 69, but I'm not sure.) Where can I see my tftp
>>log files?
>>I need your help!
>>

>It does not look right. It looks like you are running the tfpt server on its
>own. You should have xinetd listening on the tftp port (69). So something is
>wrong with xinetd. Did you start it?

Ragnar,

Why do you think it looks like the tftp server is running standalone ?
 The output of netstat is perfectly
normal.

To see which process actually is doing the listening, he could add the
'p' option to netstat.

So,  netstat -ap | grep tftp
would tell which process is listening.  I think you'll find it is xinetd.

Jim.