On 11/26/2001 7:26 PM Marvin T Pascual [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Well, I already downloaded the Etherboot image file named
>"eb-5.0.4-davicom9102.lzrom" and "eb-5.0.4-davicom9102.lzdsk".  But my
>problem is how to burn that image to my EPROM considering that my friend
>who has an EPROM Programmer uses Win9x?  He told me that he can't burn the
>image to my EPROM 'cause it has a very long filename and he wants it to
>shorten the filename, it can't handle long filenames.

It doesn't matter what you call the ROM image file as long as it contains
a .lzrom image.  So rename eb-5.0.4-davicom9102.lzrom to ebdav.lzr or
ebdav.bin or whatever your friend wants.  What's important is that it is
the right image for the card and that if you're going to burn it it's a
.lzrom file.  Tell your friend it's a binary ROM image, not Intel HEX or
something.  He should be fine with it.

Also, you may need to run som DOS utility to enable the ROM socket on
your card. Often it comes with the card. Sometimes you have to download
it from the web site of the card vendor or the vendor of the controller
chip (Davicom in this case).  Or it might be already configured.  You
often have to tell how big an EPROM you are using in the same util
program.  First get things working with a floppy, then try the EPROM.

I hope this helps you.  Let us know how it goes.

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Marty Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/