Yossi,

Thanks for the info on the problem you had with the i815 chipset.

I don't know of any way for the rc.local script to know whether the
motherboard
has the built-in video chipset.

The pci_scan program simply looks at the /proc/bus/pci/devices file.  If
the i815 video card is
showing up there, then there must be some piece of it still on the
motherboard, maybe just
no connector on the back side.

Anyway, that's why we allow you to override it, and specify whichever X
server you want.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]