Johann GORLIER wrote:
> 2) is there a way to make a boot floppy to start my laptop using my
> pcmcia card to be an Xterm as I can not install linux on it (300MB of
> HD). ?

This is an interesting questions, that I'm also thinking about:

Is it possible to (ether)boot from a PCMCIA-Network-card ??
maybe with Grub or bpbatch?

you have 300 MB Harddrive, that is more than enough fo a kernel
and some startscripts to setup the network-card and it is also
enough to install a local X-Server.
Some time ago I installed Linux+X-Server on a 80MB Harddisk.

Greetings,
Martin Herweg