"James Newlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >Could someone please explain why we are getting
 >"fh_verify: ltsroot/dev permission failure, acc=3, error=30".

This is being issued by the X Server.  Hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to
force the X Server to restart.  You'll see this message once every
time you do so.

This is a cousin to the dreaded acc=8, error=30 that the trouble-
shooting FAQ covers.  The acc=3 means that the /dev directory is
already exported and mounted, but the X Server makes another (NFS
illegal) attempt to mount the same directory.

You do not say what video card is in the workstation.  I've personally
witnessed (and still have) this fault with the LTSP Mach 64 X Server,
and Red Hat 7.1.

Jim, at least the Mach64, and possibly other, patched X Servers are
upset under RH 7.1.  You need to look into making additional patch(es)
to them to quell the NFS mount error.  It does not appear to be fatal,
but it is mighty annoying.  Plus, I'd like to know what the X Server
is really trying to accomplish, because I hate unsolved technical
mysteries.

Cheers.

--
"Bill Gates is just a monocle and a Persian Cat away from being
one of the bad guys in a James Bond movie." - Dennis Miller