Just got the exact thing you're looking for working today.  Built the
PCMCIA tools statically using uClibc along with a static version of
BusyBox 0.60.1 using uClibc also.  I compiled the driver for the network
card I'm using into the kernel, but you could leave it modular and still
have it work and supply most (or all) of the PCMCIA network card modules
on the floppy.  Don't know what the size requirements for that would be.

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]