Hello gurus!

I downloaded already all the 2.09pre4-x.tgz packages (just to make sure) and I just
read the 2.09pre4-x.tgz instructions that was suggested by Jim McQuillan (thanks, by
the way) that is located at http://www.ltsp.org/instructions-2.09pre4.html.  My
questions are:

1.) Do I need to change my runlevel from my default 5 to single user mode 1 in
installing all the packages in my Mandrake 8.1 box?

2.) I am currently using kernel 2.4.8 (default kernel of Mandrake 8.1) but I'm
planning to upgrade it to 2.4.13 maybe tomorrow.  Is it okay for me?

3.) Do I still need to install the packages lts_kernel-2.09pre4-4.tgz and
ltsp_initrd_kit-2.09pre4-4.tgz well in fact, those packages are using kernel 2.4.9 and
my default kernel I'm using right now is 2.4.8 and planning to upgrade kernel 2.4.13
tomorrow?

FYI, I just installed the lts_core-2.09pre4-0.tgz and it was successful but I didn't
test it yet.  When I try to install the lts_kernel-2.09pre4-4.tgz using the command of:

# ./install.sh

there's no message that appeared in my terminal not just like when I installed the
lts_core-2.09pre4-0.tgz package.  It seems that there's nothing happened 'cause it
just prompted the shell prompt.  And yeah, I was in my default runlevel 5 as a root
user.  Is it okay?  So after that, I checked my kernel if it was updated (hoping)
using the command of:

# uname -a

but still, it was in kernel 2.4.8.

BTW, I am installing the LTSP 2.09pre4-x.tgz packages in my home pc with the following
specs:

- Intel Pentium 3 800 Mhz
- Asus CUV4X-C Motherboard
- 20GB Seagate Barraccuda 7200 RPM HDD
- 256 MB SDRAM
- 52x AOpen CD-ROM Drive
- Sony 3.5" FDD
- 15" Magtron 1280x1024
- Inno3D Tornado NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200 GPU 32MB AGP
- Cnet PRO200S NIC 100/10 Mbps (Davicom 9102)

Thank you in advance for your patience in answering my questions and helping me in
experimenting this LTSP.  Actually, I'm still a newbie in Linux also and I love the
idea of Open Source and the GPL.

More power to all of you!

God bless...

Marvin