Hey folks,
having an odd problem getting X running on a workstation.  The server is a
redhat 7.2 box, and I was installing ltsp 3.0 last night when I hit a
strange snag.  The workstation boots up without problems, but when it starts
up X, I get an error that says either "no device found" or "no screens
found"
Now regarding the no device issue -- I was able to get around that by
specifying which Xserver to use (in my case, the ws has a S3 trio64 display
adapter, so I tried s3virge, which seemed to work).  However, after doing
that, I'm now receiving the no screens message.

I'm wondering if I misread the X documentation, and am trying to use a card
that's not supported (though it has worked just fine when I had more juice
in that box and it was running redhat 7.2 on it's own).  I'm open to just
getting a video card that will work, but if I can avoid shelling out the
cash, I'd like that.

any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

thanks much
-arif