I do NOT suggest internal network for a server

We had a 6 month ordeal figuring out that the board was bad on ours...

Spend the 15 dollars on an EEPRO100 or Linksys LNE100 series card
instead

Jason

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 12:22, Egan, Matt B. (Artco) wrote:
> I looked at this back in the day when I thought my boss had a brain and
> would let me buy a server for LTSP (boy was I wrong)
>
> Anyway
>
> The boards I looked at and like for a server were as follows
>
> Based on the VIA' Apollo Pro266T these support DDR ram and Dual Tualatin
> P3's
>
> I was going to do a dual 1.26 p3 with 2 gig of ram (it supports 4 gig)
>
> Supermicro has a good one called the P3TDDE it has an integrated intel NIC
> and the integrated Raid (not a big deal)
>
> I was going to pair this with an adaptec 2400 4 channel IDE controller that
> supported Raid 5 4 40 gig Seagate ATA IV's. It was a damn fast setup for a
> damn good price (o well)

Jason Straw
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yorktown High School Linux Users' Group Meetings Coordinator /
yhslug.tux.org
Upcoming Meetings! October 5th: LTSP