If anyone is interested in knowing how I got AGP to work with NVidia
drivers, the answer turned out to be very simple (but took a bit of
digging).

Simply build a kernel with Jim's ltsp_initrd_kit package config files.
During 'make config', enable MTRR support (compiled into the kernel).
Then build the NVidia kernel driver and viola'.

I must have tried a zillion different things, but it all came down to MTRR
support.  Piece 'o cake.

THanks,

-don