>> The driver loaded by etherboot flopyy is 3c5x9 at 0x0300.
>> I tried different ways to feed this information to the client but I
>> still get a Kernel panic and an error message about the isa nic driver.
>>
>> Could someone please tell me the correct syntax for option-129 (with
>> some examples if possible) ?
>
>Fathi,
>
>it works for me like this:
>
>---------------------- snip ---------------------------
># file /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
>    host xxx1 {
>        hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
>        option option-128     e4:45:74:68:00:00;
>        option option-129     "NIC=3c509 IO=0x300";

The syntax is correct, but the 3c509 driver doesn't like an IO
parameter, it will not run if one is provided. It's one of the few ISA
cards that can be autoprobed. Just use "NIC=3c509". And make sure the
3c509 is not in PnP mode. You can set its parameters using the 3com
utility 3c5x9cfg on the Etherdisk III. It's at their web site if you
don't have the floppy.