Okay (please forgive my incoherence, it's past 2am),
so there's really no good reason for me to be asking this, but here goes:
I just finished rebuilding my little home LTSP server, switching from Redhat 7.2
to SuSE 7.3 -- no idea why really, just felt like it -- might have been
prompted by rumors about AOL buying Redhat, who knows.

Anyway, got the ltsp server up and running, workstation is booting, everyone's
happy except for this.... I tried using the kernel with the lpp, and on boot,
the workstation asks for video modes, I enter them in, and then, in different
looking text it says it's little booting the kernel thing... and nothing except
a few second later I've got my X display and a login box.

I want the pretty LPP pictures.  I'm sure that sounds stupid and silly (and I'll
probably wonder why it mattered so much tomorrow morning), but really, I'd like
to get the pretty pictures going....

so if anyone's got any ideas on what I might be doing wrong (already tried
different vid. modes, and nada), I'd love to hear them....

thanks,
-arif

(by the way, haven't gotten much response about my suggestion (about a month
back) of a LTSP gathering sometime over the course of Linuxworld Expo in New York at
the end of
this month, I'm still game if you folks are -- but please, let me know if you're
interested.  I'll send out an email later this week with a concrete place and
time, and a deadline for rsvp'ing so that I can reserve a space)