you are right, since release 7.1 suse makes more and more mistakes but i
have not found any acceptable alternative for desktop systems. debian
woody perhaps. redhat has this evil gcc making trouble.
back to the topic. in my opinion there are only minor differences
between the iso and the ftp version.