On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:16:05AM -0500, Joseph Kezar wrote:
>  Perhaps
> I get a call from a remote location
> with a dumby end-user who can't set up his email.  Is there anyway I can
> get like a LTSP/Server Managment console.

If you are root, you can of course run any program as any user, X
security requires you to autenticate with a cookie, which you can get in
the ~/.Xautority file of that user. But if the point is just some
setting, then that's probably overkill, and should be done in your
favourite editor.

> Does the functionality to shadow(or peekin over ones shoulder) exist in
> XFree86 4.0.1?

Not that I know of.

> Are there any 3rd party applications that support shadowing users.

Sort of. VNC can be used for "sharing" or "viewing" desktops. But as I
understand it, this requires that the application in question runs under
a xvncserver rather than an real X server.

Get some real facts about vnc on http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/start.html

and read more about ltsp and vnc on http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/ltspvnc.html

/Hans Ekbrand