Hi,

There is a vnc package for ltsp made by Jason A. Pattie.
(vnc-X-session-20010321.tar.gz in the Xtras section)

I also made a package, with ssh tunneling vnc as described in the article.
(lts_ssh-0.4.tgz also in the Xtras section).
However there is no support for sharing desktop as the vncserver is shut down at
the end of the operation. Another difference is that it doesn't use the redhat
method to select the display, but rather parse the ps output to detect an Xvnc
launched (I think it is a better method because with the redhat method, you
must allocate a fix display number and use it everywhere).

There is another problem with ssh and ltsp, it is that the private key has to
be present on the computer where you login from. But by design of the X
terminal you cannot store data on the terminal. Thus you have to use a floppy,
and Robert Stanford made a package to do that, or get your private key from the
server using password authentication.

Shared desktop with vnc is a good idea, yes. I am gonna put support for that in
my package.

Pat