Mark,
        first, you seem to have to separate networks running on comon wire
- not good but it would explain addresses from the "wrong" network.
second, dump the hub (use it dowstream) and replace it with a switch.
third, my quoted message should read: "make sure that suse dhcpd server is
not trying to serve addresses on the wrong segment by physically
separating the segments". good luck, julius