In order to try to sort out my Netscape plugin problems (see earlier
messages), I have set up a second server. So I now have a redhat server with
2 network cards. One is plugged into an ltsp terminal via a crossover cable,
and is on subnet 192.168.2, and the other is plugged into the hub used by my
original Suse ltsp server and another 6 ltsp terminals, as well as the
firewall and thus the rest of the Internet. The rh server's address is
192.168.1/2.166, while the suse server's address is 192.168.1.64, and the
firewall is on 192.168.1.1

At first glance, everything works fine: the original network functions as
normal, and I can boot the terminal connected to the rh server and access the
internet. However, on closer inspection, the dhcp that responds to the
terminal connected to the rh machine gives the terminal a server IP address
of 192.168.1.64. This seems bizarre to me, as neither server has that
address. I even grepped my hard disc in vain for .1.64 to find the offending
file! The result is that, occasionally, the terminal doesn't boot because of
access problems (presumably because it has got the wrong server and/or the
wrong ip address for one or another service), and, more to the point, the
system is rather hard to test as there are potentially 2^4 combinations of
servers that the terminal could find for different services...

Any ideas what is going on and what to do about it, other than separate the
two systems entirely? (I am loathed to do this as there is no easy way for me
to connect two servers to the Internet at once without passing through the
firewall, and I can't really disconnect the cybercafe network to play with my
test server...)