Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> Mark,
>         ipforwarding is set to "yes" by default, but i don't think this is
> the problem. i still think that the networks are connected somewhere else.
Mark, I agree with Julius.  I also agree that you shouldn't let this
sleeping dog lie; it will wake up and bite you one day.  Find out where
else the two networks connect.

> ipforwarding is rather needed - getting on the 'net from private
> segment and so on ...
As an alternative, you can set ipforwarding off and set up Squid on the
server.  This has a limitation, however; Squid won't proxy anything but
http and https connections.