Hi Wouter,

My guess is that you are using a base address and IRQ that is not the
default for the Linux ISA card driver (it searches a few pre-compiled
settings, check the driver code for your type of NIC). I would suggest that
you either supply them as kernel parameters (I'd have to check docs on DHCP
for this) or recompile the driver to check for your base addr and IRQ
settings and create a new LTSP kernel. Also you should make sure there are
no interrupt or address conflicts since ISA is not PnP. I would go with
passing them in as kernel parameters.

---Venkat.

At 11:06 AM 2/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>I've read those instructions carefully and completely even _before_
>installing SuSE. The DHCP, TFTP and NFS are running. I've triple
>checked. The _ddns_ entry, the definitions for option 128/129 and the
>options 128/129 for each terminal are there. Instead of restarting
>the DHCP manually after every imaginable change in /etc/dhcpd.conf,
>I've even done it the windoze way by rebooting the LTSP server.
>
>The situation remains the same. After the kernel is loaded it still
>protests about not finding the ISA NIC in the workstation. I've also
>triple checked the NIC's values for the IO-address and the IRQ with
>the DOS utility that came with the NIC. They are correct.
>
>What can still be wrong?
>
>Wouter
>

>On 05-Feb-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Sounds like a classic case of forgetting to also include
> > an option-128 entry.
> >
> > Take a look at http://www.ltsp.org/instructions-3.0.html
> >
> > Jim McQuillan
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> Even though my /etc/dhcpd.conf contains
> >> option option-129       "NIC=ne IO=0x320 IRQ=10";
> >> the terminal stops booting after unpacking the kernel, running
> >> /linuxrc and mounting /proc with an error stating that option-129
> >> should be used. The system is a SuSE 7.2 with DHCPD v3.0rc4
> >>
> >> What could be wrong?

>For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on irc.openprojects.net

Venkat Manakkal
President,
Manakkal & Associates, Inc.
http://www.manakkal.com/
Tel: 607-546-7300 Fax: 509-471-5693 Cell: 603-321-9870