>> Anyone has experiance with virtualfs? Could it be the solution to get
>> cdrom, floppy, sound in one package working on terminal?
>> http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/virtualfs/
>I would also like to know how to get sound to work generally with
>ltsp. Is the best way to have a wrapper? Or to write a kernel
>module that does it? Is there already a wrapper?

Audio is pretty simple.  Pick ESD, NASD, or some other network audio
transposter,  run the daemon on the client, and load the wrapper into
LD_PRELOAD on the host.  Audio will go to the client.

Mixer control seems tougher,  and I haven't been able to get either ESD
or NASD to work correcly.  I can get a mixer to open without an error but
I can't really adjust any of the channels.

To take care of the host side
-----------------------------
In /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Gnome
CLIENT_HOST=`echo $DISPLAY | cut -f1 -d":"`
export ESPEAKER="$CLIENT_HOST:5001"

In /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/preloads
export ESDDSP_MIXER=1
LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libesddsp.so:/usr/lib/libesd.so:/usr/lib/libgdkxft.so"
export LD_PRELOAD

Make sure the above script is executable.  After you login check the
LD_PRELOAD and ESPEAKER environment variables.

Then all you need to do is setup esd to run on your LTSP stations.

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS

"Certainly, we should hold individuals accountable for
 what they did wrong, and we probably will punish some,
 although many others will wiggle away, hiding behind the
 skirts of high-priced lawyers and political connections.
 But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they did
 what they did because the current system allowed it. In
 fact, the system encouraged it."

 --"Ethics Matters" columnist Carlton Vogt, writing about
 Enron.