What filesystem type are you using on your server?  I was pretty sure
ext2 had a file limit size of some number of thousand files in a given
directory.  Don't know what that limiting number is.  You may want to
look into a journalling filesystem on your server (i.e., reiserfs) if
you don't have one already.

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]