> > Hi,
>
> Hello
>
> > My ltsp server now works fine (Mandrake 8.2), and my workstation also
> > with a new NIC.
>
> Didn't ever get the 3com to work?

No, I could'nt get it to work. As I can't spend a whole week for about a
dozen of these, the cost will be lower if I change them. They'll go to other
machines that are not yet connected.

> > Remains a few questions :
>
> OK.
>
> >  - the screen of the workstation blinks, there are many blank lines
> > appearing and disappearing very quickly, especially when I move a window.
> > It happens in 800x600 (X_MODE_0 = 800x600), not in 640x480
> > (X_MODE_0 = 640x480) .
> > System : IBM Personal Computer 330, Pentium 166, 80 Mo ram, video
> > chip S3Trio 64 V+, 1 Mo video ram.
> > I downloaded and setup the ltsp_x336_s3-3.0.0-i386.tgz and added in
> > ltsp.conf : XSERVER = XF86_S3
> > The monitor is a recent Acer 1555 (15 inches).
> > Any Idea ?
>
> I know with a lower end video card (like the 64 v+) I get similar results
> I've never been able to get them to work very well I might suggest finding a
> different video card ATI is always a good shot and you can find a white box
> PCI ATI rage pro card for 20 US $ easy.

I tested 800x600 45.76 800 816 968 1040 600 612 618 648, and it works.
I absolutely don't know what it means, but it works :-))
Is there a site explaining those things ?

> >  - How do I configure StarOffice on a ltsp workstation ? Is it necessary
> > set it up for every user (in standalone or network mode) ?
>
> I'm trying to remember how I got this to work before but if you have it
> setup so that it works with 1 user who is sitting at the server you should
> be able to log in on a workstation and run staroffice just like you were at
> the server not real tricks there.

I'll see that next week.

> >  - How do I make a proper shut down of a ltsp workstation ?
>
> You can just shut the terminal off after you've logged out and closed you
> active sessions if your looking at a login screen your good to shut off.

> Hope it helps

Oh yes it does !! :-)

Thanks a lot to all of you who answered me, it's great.

Romain Surleau.