I have been trying to use a pentium 75 with 40 MB of
Ram to boot ltsp with X.  I have a ROM image from
Rom-O-Matic and everything boots very quickly upto the
point that the dhclient starts.  It takes a couple of
minutes for the booting to continue and when it starts
start_ws it goes very slowly.  I get the login window
in about a minute but when I login it takes a long
time to start getting the desktop to show.

I have waited 30 minutes or more for all of the icons
and the taskbar at the bottom to finish coming up but
they never complete it.

I have used tcpdump and the network traffic slows down
until it is quiet for 20 to 40 seconds at a time.

Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look for
this problem?  I will supply further information when
I have a clue as to what to collect.

Thanks

Steve Biggs