Benjamin Johann wrote:

> Hi @ all!
> I installed LTSP 3 on my Mandrake 7.2 and on my Mandrake 8.2 Server. To
> make tftp working I Compiled tftp by myself and started it in daemon
> mode with
> /usr/sbin/in.tftp -v -l -s /tftpboot
>
> Now it is working great. Please try it out and send me your results.
> Sincerly
> Ben

Ben,
I would try that but I cannot find out where there is a version of
tftp-server to compile.

I tried editing /etc/services to rem out the tftp bits and, after
restarting xinetd I tried running tftpd as a daemon but still no joy.

( /usr/sbin/in-tftpd -l -s /tftpboot & )

It didn't like the -v option

also if I look in my /etc/services file I see this section :

#                          Bill Croft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
tftp             69/tcp    Trivial File Transfer
tftp             69/udp    Trivial File Transfer
#                          David Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

but netstat -an|grep ":69" only shows

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN

If I comment out the line with 69/tcp in it, restart xinetd and then
netstat -an|grep ":69" I get nothing.

If I try to start quite a number of services from Control Center it
reports
them as unrecognised services.

Please note I do NOT have firewalling installed on this PC - no iptables
etc.

norm