Hi Guys,

It seems to me that you have all really tried to resolve
this problem for me. I don't want to waste any more of
your time so what I propose is this.

If you don't want to try anything else on this I
have a copy of Red Hat Linux 6 Unleashed.
It came with a single Cd with version 6 on it.
Now I don't know how complete this is but I see from
the LTSP site that it is supported.
I could trash the present server and install Red Hat
and then LTSP to see if that works.
At least that would show if it was my Mandrake
configuration / version causing the problem or
perhaps hardware.

If it works with Red Hat I would then trash that,
put  Mandrake back on and try again.

If it still failed I would think it was a bug
in perhaps the 2.4.3-20mdk kernel. I might then
just compile another one to see what happened.

Does this seem a good plan or have you any other
ideas?

I am determined to get this working whatever else I do.

tia,
norm