On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 03:39:05PM +0100, Graham Clinch wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I've been trialing using LTSP in a computer lab, and come across a few
> problems with certain X applications.  I think the problems are to do with
> my XF86Config. (One of them being that I can't get any higher res than
> 800x600, but the desktop is still at 1024x768 so I have to scroll)
>
> A more major problem is that xzoom and x0rfbserver (possibly others, I
> havn't had any other problems) both fail.
>
> xzoom when it first starts, it creates a window, but that it almost
> imediatly destryed, and xzoom stops, with the following error:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  142 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
>   Serial number of failed request:  17
>
> I had a look on google for similar problems, but couldn't find anything
> exactly the same.

It vaguely resembles the error messages I have seen if I don't give
the -noaccel parameter to lxdoom. The lxdoom man page says

       -noaccel
              For  lxdoom, this prevents it using the MITShm server extension for
passing the screen data to the X server. This
              option may be required if the X server is not local. For lsdoom, this
tells lsdoom not  to  use  the  accelerated
              graphics  functions  that  SVGALib  provides  even  when they are
supported for your video card (normally this is
              autodetected).

Though I don't understand what it means.

--

Hans Ekbrand