Phil,
        let me quote from my earlier message:
.... the fonts on thinknics are
rather blurry unless run in the native Xvesa mode. Jim McQuillan was
unbelievably gracious and provided xvesa package on the ltsp site. this
setup follows the thinknic's way of doing things and the fonts are
"unblurred". xvesa uses mode statements in etc/rc.local and doesn't
understand X_MODE statements in the lts.conf, hence, it is a good idea to
change etc/rc.local to read the X_MODE_0 statement and select the desired
resolution 0x0117 sets 1024x768 and 0x0114 sets 800x600. it might look
something like the following:
X_MODE_0=`get_cfg X_MODE_0 1024x768`
and then Xvesa statement gets changed to:
   Xvesa)   XBINARY="Xvesa"
               if [ "${X_MODE_0}" = "800x600" ]; then
                       XOPTS="-shadow -mode 0x0114"
               else
                       XOPTS="-shadow -mode 0x0117"
               fi
            ;;
i don't know (haven't really looked into it) how to change color bits to
24 or what would the mode be for 1280x1024. the display on 15" monitors
should be set at 800x600, the higher resolution is unusable, despite the
"unblurring", because the fonts are tiny and unreadable. julius