Hi,

We use three distinct types of workstations.
1. old pc's with drives removed and bootable network cards (no floppy)
This is primarily what we use.  We have about 30 of these currently.
2. I have set up a thin client (Maxterm UT) from http://www.maxspeed.com/
to work with LTSP.  This is a thin client that works with LTSP, and also
will work with windows setups.  It actually has an operating system of its
own which you can choose to use or not use.
3. I have recently set up the TCSX-1 diskless workstation from
http://www.disklessworkstations.com/ - extremely small and cool.

In terms of flexibility, the PC option is the best in my opinion.  Most
people have some old PC's around, and they can always become PC's again.
We use 486/66's and P166's that had been retired.  You can buy bootable
network cards for ~$30 so you don't have to use a boot floppy.

Derek

--
Derek Dresser
Gould Academy