Tommy,

It sounds to me like you consider "true" thin clients to
only be expensive proprietary hardware solutions.  I think
that this is a mistake.  For the same reason that your
proprietary WinTerm boxes are now useless under a new
operating environment, your Neoware boxes will soon be
unable to adapt to your ever-changing network.  What's wrong
with PCs?  Nothing says that PCs have to boot from a slow,
clunky, failure-prone floppy.  The only thing you need are
some network-bootable NICs in some vanilla PCs and there's
the cheapest, most versatile, most upgradeable *true* thin
client you can find.  Just because it doesn't have the chic
form factor, doesn't make it any "fatter" on cost or
performance...

The open PC architecture is your friend.  Every component is
replaceable.  Video not the best?  Buy 40+ video cards at
$40 each instead of 40+ new thin clients at $400 each.  Just
like proprietary software, proprietary hardware can only
limit you and lock you into a solution.

Jason

PS:  Please, no HTML email to the list.

>   From: Tommy Eaton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:37:55 -0400
>   Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] True thin clients in biz
environment?

>   Hi,
>
>   I have recently decided to replace our current 40+ user
network with LTSP.
>   We are using Citrix, Exchange, and Winnt 4.0 TSE.
However, it order to
>   accomplish this, I need to find a thin client that I can
make boot to the
>   LTSP, otherwise we are stuck in M$ land. Most of our
existing thin clients
>   are old WYSE WinTerms that I hope to replace with a new
product line. I
<http://www.neoware.com/> )
>   Capio 508, but have been unable to get it to go. My
question is this:

>   Are any of you currently in an organization that is
utilizing LTSP? If so,
>   what are you using for thin clients? How are you
accomplishing your setup?

>   Using PCs that boot to the floppy is not an option. We
must purchase the
>   true diskless (yet still have the option to add drives
at will) thin client