On Sunday 14 April 2002 10:00, Glenn Morse wrote:

> Has anyone gotten their LTSP clients/servers to work over a
> switch? FYI, I am using a Linksys 5-port workgroup 10/100 switch.

A switch (100Mb/sec) is probably the standard setup and should be.

You most likely have troubles with auto-configuration of your NIC and the
switch. With my switch auto-negotiation gives 100 Mb/sec and full-duplex.
Does your switch (and NIC) support full-duplex mode? Check your boot screen
for those messages.
You might have to set those values via the NIC module to please your switch. I
think most newer switches should go for 100 Mb and full-duplex and also most
newer NICs.

Kai