OK, as per Jeff Robert's suggestion, I went and snagged a Netgear switch
to try out, same problems. I am using Etherboot 5.0.5, for someone who
asked. I will go and try to get a D-Link switch if I can this afternoon.
Both NIC's are Linksys LNE100TX cards, so I know they work fine. I have
now verified this problem on four Linksys 5-port switches and a Netgear
5-port switch. Gah, this is really frustrating! Just for my info, what
model switches is everyone using? I will keep buying & returning them
until I get one to work!

Thanks again,
Glenn