Hi

Mounting root filesystem: /opt/ltsp/i386 from 192.168.0.254

I’m having the above mentioned problem with K12ltsp Redhat 7.2  (kernel
2.4.9-31) downloaded from http://www.k12ltsp.org/download.html.

I have installed the server without any modifications at all. My two
server nics are RTL8029 and the server is a 500 mhz amd with 128 Mb ram.
Eth1 is configured for dhcp but not attached to a network. The second nic
is attached to a 10 Mb hub. My client is a P100 with 64 ram and a RTL8029
nic.

My boot image comes from the server installation and seems to work ok, but
client hangs when mounting root file system. I have checked the server and
dhcp, bootp and tftpd is running. Client gets ipnumber from the specified
range (192.168.0.252) – server has 192.168.0.254 as normal. I have also
tried a boot image from rom-o-matic. Same result.

I have checked messages (tail –f /var/log/messages) and the two nics are
negotiating as described in the ltsp manuals.

As mentioned I have not touched or changed any part of the configuration –
that is exports, conf or any files at all.

Her are the last lines shown at the client before hanging:

………
eth0: RealTek RTL-8029 found at 0xfce0, IRQ 9, 00:00:E8:DD:2A:D5
Running dhclient
Mounting root filesystem: /opt/ltsp/i386 from 192.168.0.254

Thanks
Steen