On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 08:25:47AM +1000, Katsonis, Dennis wrote:
> Just noted that when I try to use the Linux progress patch kernel (all I did
> was change the DHCP.conf entry that loads the kernet), I get this message
>
> "You Passed an undefined mode #
> Press <RETURN> to see video modes available, space to continue or wait 30
> seconds"
>
> It doesnt really bother me if I dont get the progress patch, but any ideas
> are appreciated

I think it means that your graphics card is not supported. VESA BIOS
Extensions version 2.0 are required (or, possibly, one of the cards
that there exists frambuffer drivers for (Matrox, and few others), if
the lpp kernel has direct support for them).

Since the kernel is unswapable, lpp seems to be a bad idea IMHO.

--

Hans Ekbrand