Remi,

        Yes you can create a dhcp.conf without using the mac address's.
This is how you would configure DHCP for normal dhcp operation (or not
using LTSP) The purpose of entering the mac address though is so you can
pass specific information about each ltsp client. IE that this particular
machine has a ps/2 mouse versus a serial mouse, or if you have to declare
your X config versus using the auto detect. Now if all of your clients can
use the same config you should not need to enter the mac address to assign
an IP and config to each workstation. I'm not sure though what you would
do about the hosts file though. I think you can just map host names to IP
address's with in the scope. I could be wrong, I'm sure someone else knows
more, anybody??

--Cyrus