I never used any 486's in production but I did find in testing that some
of the older video cards with small amounts of memory (like what
usually came with a 486) seemed to be a problem when dealing with graphics
and fonts. I was using cards with 1 meg or less which are fairly liimited
anyhow. This comment probably wasn't much help but I thought I'd share.

Cyrus Elder