Hi guys,

Sorry the first email doesn't contain the ethereal capture file.

Rgds
Din

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. The suggestion that you suggest do have a little bit
effect, but do not solve the problem. The kernel image do download to the
client more than before, but still did not load the whole kernel.

Previously before the changes to the in.tftpd argument as per you
suggestion,
the client only manage to download through tftp until data block 9, after
the changes, it manages to download through data block 23, and after that
the server will do arp to the network asking where is the client. ( I
attached
etherreal capture file with this email. - this one after the changes to
the tftpd option )
I try other argument for tftpd -r,  still giving me the same problem as
before. Only
the -r blksize that download more that the other option.

The thing that baffle me is which part is the problem, coz this happen
to the compaq
pc, but not to the other pc. Even though we using the boot floppy and
the internal
compaq nic, still it the same problem,  trying to use the older ltsp /
etherboot version
also giving me the same problem. Which part giving the problem ? the
compaq pc ?
dhcp ? or the tftp ?

Thanks for any reply and suggestion. Thanks to other who has giving his
/ her suggestion
to this problem.

Rgds
Din
p/s there is only one other thing that I haven't try yet.
use the bootable 3com nic that we got from disklessworkstation.