Ahh.  I was under the impression (since I haven't used x0rfbserver
hardly at all to know how it works, etc.) that the .x0rfbserver file was
similar to the ~/.vnc/passwd file in that you can just "use" that file
to authenticate to a running session.  In other words with vcnviewer,
you can do this 'vncviewer -password /home/user-to-control/.vnc/passwd
<IP of host>:1' or whatever and it will automatically authenticate you
to that running session without you having to type the password.  I used
this feature in the vnc-X-session package I wrote awhile ago which
actually gives pretty much the functionality that x0rfbserver does
albeit a little slower for the user since you are running through
vncviewer for your session instead of having an actual hardware
accelerated X session.  But it does give you session persistance which
was what I wanted.  You don't get session persistance with x0rfbserver
(at least not easily -- or possibly at all -- that I can see).

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.