Matt,

USE_XFS = N fixed it just fine.  Am able to get
it to boot into X-Win on either the Linux server
or by using the XDM_SERVER make it X-login to
our primary Unix server.  Now, one more tough
item.

When booting off of the CD this thing can do a
fair 1024x768.  What is the best modeline to
use in lts.conf to get it to boot in this mode?

Thanks all in advance.  This is a great combination.